A December Wedding

December 13, 2010

My cousin is getting married next weekend and I had almost forgotten to make a card in the rush of the pre-Christmas preparations.  When I saw the Stamping 411 sketch this week, I decided that I had better use it to make a card.

I used my favourite wedding colours, Basic Black, Whisper White and Real Red.  The base card is Real Red and I have added a Whisper White card layer.  Then a piece of Newsprint Designer Series Paper.  The Whisper White layer on the bottom of the card has been embossed using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.   The ribbon is Real Red 5/8″ grosgrain ribbon.   I used my Scallop Heart of Hearts Embosslit to cut a Basic Black and a Real Red Heart.  I punched a Whisper White heart using the Full Heart Extra Large Punch and then put it back in the embosslit to get the tiny polka dot effect.  I added two small Clear Rhinestones to complete the  “bride” heart.  Then I punched a Whisper White and Basic Black heart also using the Full Heart Extra Large Punch.  I cut a slit in the Basic Black heart and folded the card back to create “lapels”  A tiny piece of Basic Black 1/4″ grosgrain ribbon and a small Clear Rhinestone finishes off the “groom” heart.  These are added to the card on the left hand side, with dimensionals under the “bride” to give it more dimension.  I stamped  the greeting from the Occasional Quotes stampset (level 3 Hostess set) using Basic Black ink onto Whisper White card and punched it out using the Scallop Oval Extra Large.  I used my Movers and Shapers to cut the Basic Black  scallop oval.  The greeting is attached to the card with dimensionals also.  I think it has turned out quite well.  Hope they like it.

1. December 13, 2010 11:50 am

I have to tell you that I have been looking at your work a lot lately and I am just amazed and what you come up with. It’s ingenious on what you did with those hearts on the card. I am most impressed. Happy Holidays!

• kreatinwithkris permalink
      December 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Thank you very much Teresa. It means a lot that you like my work. Kris

2. December 13, 2010 11:05 pm

Oh my gosh! This is stinkin cute! I love the idea of using the newsprint…so darn clever!

3. December 14, 2010 3:12 pm

Fabulous!!!! In my save file it goes!!!

4. December 14, 2010 10:19 pm

This is sooo cool! Love the play on tux & dress…great job!!

5. December 15, 2010 2:19 am

This is an amazing card! Your attention to detail is astounding! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!!

6. December 15, 2010 11:21 am

Wonderful wedding card! Great job with the sketch!

7. December 17, 2010 8:26 am

Awesome!!! I love everything about this and have to give this a try!! TFS!!

8. December 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Loveyyour wedding card! It is awesome and I just love the embossing and newpaper paper. congrat’s on being in Stampin 411 showcase, I am as well and just wanted to let you know your card is beautiful.