A Sketch and a Colour Challenge

July 14, 2011

This week at Create with Connie and Mary they have two challenges.  You can either do a colour challenge or a sketch challenge.  This is because the challenge will last two weeks as everyone is busy enjoying themselves at the US Stampin’ Up! Convention in Salt Lake City.

I couldn’t decide which challenge to do so combined both challenges in the one card.  I cut a circle from Whisper White card and masked the bottom section with a piece of scrap paper.  I stamped the flower from the Every Moment stampset once using Basic Black ink.  I  masked the image and then stamped again.  Added another mask and stamped for a third time.  Once I removed all the masks and the scrap paper  I coloured my flowers using Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron Stampin’ Pastels.  I also used a little Certainly Celery on the stems.  I added a mat cut from Basic Grey card and then attached both layers to a Pumpkin Pie cut using the Big Shot and the Scallop Circle Bigz Die.  Lastly I added these three layers to a So Saffron square mat.  I wrapped the Pumpkin Pie 1/4″ grosgrain ribbon around the layers covering the ends of the flower stems.  I stamped “best wishes” from the Short and Sweet stampset using Basic Grey ink.  I attached the whole piece to a Basic Grey folded card base.  I tied a bow using the Pumpkin Pie 1/4″ grosgrain ribbon and attached it using Mini Glue Dots.  Lastly I added 3 buttons from the Brights Button Collection.

Here’s a close up of the card.  You can see the pastel colouring on the flowers, although the So Saffron is a little hard to see.   I have been a hoarder of my buttons but I love the way they look on the card and will be using them a lot more.

This card is 5 1/4″ square so will probably be hand delivered to someone special.

Let me know what you think.

1. Deb permalink
    July 14, 2011 7:12 am

Love your card!! This is really beautiful! Great job doing both challenges on one card! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

2. July 14, 2011 8:27 am

The scallop circle is so perfect with the image and your coloring is spectacular! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

3. July 14, 2011 1:37 pm

Oh I love this card Kris…. Aren’t these buttons so fresh & bright????

4. Lisa Martz permalink
    July 18, 2011 10:25 am

Love the way you masked the flowers. Very cute card! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!

5. July 19, 2011 11:55 am

This is just lovely! Your masked flowers are amazing and the buttons are the perfect touch! Great job with both challenges! Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie & Mary!

6. July 20, 2011 11:26 am

Oh…simply put…NAILED IT!!! You did a FABULOUS job with BOTH challenges! Thanks for joining us for our special Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

7. July 21, 2011 4:51 am

Great combination of BOTH challenges! The buttons are a darling accent! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!