A Lovely Christmas Tree

August 27, 2011

After spending a day cooking because someone (who shall remain nameless) left the freezer door open, I created this card for the sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary .

I started with a base of Real Red and added a piece of Old Olive Designer Paper from the Brights Designer Series Paper Pattern Stack.  Before attaching the Designer paper to the base card I added 2 Chocolate Chip 5/16″ Jumbo Brads to the lower right hand side.   I stamped the tree image using Old Olive ink touched up with a Chocolate Chip Stampin’ Write Marker onto the right hand side of the Very Vanilla card.   I stamped “Merry Christmas” from the Many Merry Messages stampset onto the left hand side of the image panel.  I attached the image panel to a piece of Real Red cardstock and then wrapped it with  Chocolate Chip 1/2″ Scallop Dots Ribbon between the two stamped images.    I ran a 2cm wide piece of Old Olive cardstock through the crimper and attached it to the Designer Series Paper.  I attached the image panel to the card front using dimensionals making sure that the ribbon was centred on the strip of crimped Old Olive card.

I love how this turned out and I love making square cards.   I guess the only problem is that they ar more expensive to post, maybe this one will be for someone special I can hand deliver to.

Let me know what you think.

1. August 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Sorry to hear about your freezer Kris, bummer! The stamped image came out so well and I like how you used the new ribbon on your card. Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

2. August 28, 2011 1:23 pm

This is such a pretty holiday card–that tree is a top fave! I really love your sentiment on the side–so clever. Great take on our sketch…Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

3. August 28, 2011 3:09 pm

So pretty, Kris. This sketch is a perfect match for this stamp set. Thanks for playing at CCMC this week.

4. August 28, 2011 11:18 pm

This is a lovely Christmas tree…that set is just SO classic! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge on Create with Connie and Mary!

5. August 29, 2011 1:18 am

Such a lovely card! Everything is just so beautiful on it! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

6. August 31, 2011 10:33 am

What a WONDERFUL Christmas card! That tree is just a classic that never goes out of style! Thanks for joining us this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

7. Lisa Martz permalink
    August 31, 2011 9:32 pm

Simple, but pretty. One of those cards you can duplicate multiple times for Christmas. Lovely as a Tree never gets old, does it? Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!