Just Add Ink 106

February 28, 2012

You may have noticed that I like to try my hand at various challenges.  I find that they keep my creative energy flowing and keep lots of ideas running through my head.  Sometimes they equate into something I truly love and sometimes they do not, but whatever the outcome I really love trying.   Today it was the  sketch challenge at Just Add Ink that caught my eye.

I cut a piece of First Edition Specialty Designer Paper into 3 strips and attached them to scored and folded Basic Black card.  I stamped the Medallion Background onto Very Vanilla card stock using Lucky Limeade ink and cut out the image.  I attached it to the lower right hand side of the card front and trimmed the image on the right hand side.  I inserted 3 of the beautiful 3/8″ Printed Designer Brads (Sale-A-Bration) into the top left hand corner to complete the sketch.

Now this is truly a simple card.  I hope you like it.

1. February 28, 2012 5:46 pm

I love the medallion stamp fussy cut and used for this sketch Kris! Thanks for playing along with this weeks Just Add Ink challenge! Narelle

2. February 28, 2012 8:22 pm

I love this, Kris! Beautiful colour choice, and the Medallion looks fabulous. Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink this week 🙂

3. February 28, 2012 11:28 pm

I love your card Kris, the green is very striking against the black & white background! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink 🙂

4. Cheryl M. permalink
    February 29, 2012 6:35 am

I really like this card! The color combo and the simple but unexpected design elements make it so fresh!

5. Nikki Spencer permalink
    February 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Great use of the sketch and gorgeous choice of stamps and colour. Thanks for joining us at JAI this week.

6. March 5, 2012 4:32 pm

Totally agree with you – stunning