A Recycling Project

July 6, 2012

The challenge at Late Night Stampers this week is to make a project recycling something.  Well, recently I had seen someone repurpose a Laughing Cow cheese container and since I had one on hand, I thought I would give it a try.

I used the beautiful Mocha Morning Specialty Designer Series Paper to cover the lid and sides of the box.  Since this was my first try I am not too unhappy with the result but I think I would try something different on the sides next time.  I made a flower from Real Red card stock using the Fun Flowers Bigz Large Die.  I only cut one of each flower on the die but used my bone folder to soften the cardstock so that I could separate each flower into two layers.  By scrunching each flower and then staking onto an Antique Brad, the flower gets a little more dimension.  To finish off this little box, I used more of the Mocha Morning Specialty Designer Series Paper to make 4 coasters to go inside the box.  My coasters consist of a layer of cork, then a layer of designer paper and then a layer of window sheet.  I used the Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets to adhere each layer and then cut the coasters using a 3-1/2″ Circle Die (non-Stampin’ Up!).

I think this would make a cute gift for someone special.  What do you think?

1. July 6, 2012 11:48 am

Totally LOVE these Kris, I also remember seeing the Laughing Cow recycle idea somewhere but I can’t remember who. Thanks for the memory jog as I really did want to try this idea and thing I will now!
    T

2. July 6, 2012 1:15 pm

Great recycling project and such a pretty container. Thanks for sharing. A cool idea to put coasters in it.

3. July 6, 2012 10:15 pm

Cute idea! Thanks for joining the LNS challenge this week.

4. July 7, 2012 9:09 pm

This is very cute! I have always loved projects that use round containers to make cute projects out of. Never knew what to do with them. Yours has given me an idea! Thanks for joining us this week on Late Night Stampers.

5. July 8, 2012 3:16 am

Very, very nice. Just beautiful and thanks for joining us this week at LNS!

6. July 10, 2012 10:06 am

LURVE the flower…and the coasters idea is way cool. Great project Kris.

7. July 15, 2012 10:23 am

Gorgeous Kris. Of course there is that gorgeous flower of yours. What a great idae for coasters, which by the way, are stunning too!