Creating Pretty Cards Sketch No. 20

February 9, 2013

Craft Project Central hosts a sketch challenge each month.  The sketch’s are created by Kris and not only does she provide the sketch but a tutorial about how she created her inspiration card.   You don’t have to be a member to play along and you have the chance to win a one month FREE subscription.

001I started my card by embossing Whisper White card using the Polka Dots Embossing Folder and attached it to a Rich Razzleberry card base.  I used the Brights Designer Series Paper Stack to create my banners which are cut to varying lengths before attaching to the card front.  I stamped “happy birthday” from the You’re Amazing stamp set onto Whisper White card using Rich Razzleberry ink.  The greeting was cut using Apothecary Accents Framelits and trimmed so that it would fit onto the same Framelit cut from Rich Razzleberry card.  I pierced a hole in each end of the Rich Razzleberry Framelit, inserted Silver Brads and attached it to the card front, over the banners, using dimensionals002 I stamped the “cupcake” image from the Itty Bitty Bits stamp set onto Whisper White card, twice using Regal Rose ink and once using Rich Razzleberry ink.  I punched the images using the 1/2″ Circle and attached them to the centres of small Soda Pop Tops.  I ran the Soda Pop Tops through my Big Shot to flatten them and then attached them to the card front using dimensionals.  These little Soda Pop Tops are so cute.  To give you an idea of the size, my banners are 2cm wide.

I think this is such a cute card and would suit almost any age group.  What do you think?

I hope I have inspired you to join the challenge and perhaps win a Free subscription to this fantastic site.

Bye for now, Kris

1. Lynda S permalink
    February 9, 2013 1:14 pm

Great take on the sketch Kris. The colour combo rock and I so appreciate you taking the time in explaing all you did to achieve the card!! ooxx

2. Carri McMullen permalink
    February 9, 2013 3:21 pm

This is awesome, but what brads are these?

February 9, 2013 3:42 pm

Carrie, they are the Silver Brads from the Metallic Brads collection.

3. February 10, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi Kris! This card is so cute! I love the cupcakes on the soda pop tops! I think this card would be great for any age. Thanks so much for playing along with the Creating Pretty Cards Sketch Challenge!

4. Cheryl M. permalink
    February 12, 2013 9:24 am

What a fun looking card with the cupcakes and soda pop tops! I like everything about the layout you came up with.

5. February 18, 2013 1:56 pm