Punch Art

March 18, 2013

I was asked by a lady to create an engagement card and when I asked what kind of things she thought the recipient might like, she said the lady loved frogs.  Sooo, with the help of a video from Aly at Aly Stamps this is what I created.

001My base card is Early Expresso and I added a layer of Whisper White which I embossed using the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder.  My lily pads are  Gumball Green card cut with one of the Ovals Collection Framelits and embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.  My frogs are made from Certainly Celery card and each piece is sponged around the edges with the same ink.  The gentleman frog has a tie made from Early Expresso 1/8″ Tafetta Ribbon and the lady frog has a bow tied from Real Red 1/8″ Tafetta Ribbon.   My waterlilies are created by punching Whisper White card with the Boho Blossom Punch and sponging the edges with Real Red ink. 002 I attached the pieces together with Glue Dots and gave them a little shaping before adding a Basic Rhinestone to the centre.  The greeting comes from the Teeny Tiny Sentiments stamp set and is stamped in Early Expresso ink on Whisper White card.  I cut the greeting using one of the Bitty Banners Framelits.  I used by Bone Folder to curl the greeting banner in both directions before attaching it with a dimensional in the centre and Glue Dots on the ends.  The last little addition is a Real Red heart punched using the Small Heart Punch.

003My customer loved the card and hopefully so will the recipients.  Creating punch art can be a little time consuming but it is rewarding and fun at the same time.

I’d really like to hear what you think of this one.

1. March 18, 2013 7:42 am

So adorable, Kris!

2. March 18, 2013 7:51 am

Kris, this is AMAZING!! What fabulous attention to detail; the frogs are perfectly put together. I love the embossed lily pads, and the pop of colour that the flowers provide. Awesome card!

3. libbydyson permalink
    March 18, 2013 9:53 am

Oh Kris, these 2 are so cute. You are so clever. TFS

4. joycepacer@comcast.net permalink
    March 18, 2013 11:11 am

Thanks for sharing, this is so cute.

Joyce Pacer Stampin’Up Manager 304-733-3851 joycepacer@comcast.net

http://www.stampersjoy.stampinup.net http://www.stampersjoy.typepad.com

Want to own your own business, contact me.

5. March 18, 2013 12:23 pm

So darn cute Kris. Totally agree with all the above comments. The faces on these frogs are very cheeky so I hope they intend staying on the lilly pad & not into your hands. Love the little heart & the touh of colour with the flowers. TFS

6. March 18, 2013 10:48 pm

Kris, I love frogs and these are so cute. Thanks for sharing them with us.

7. Lynda S permalink
    March 19, 2013 4:04 pm

Knee-deep in fun this card Kris (sorry abt the pun)…hee hee hee. Love the frogs and a great diff idea for the occasion. ooxx