Just Add Ink sketch challenge #360

May 22, 2017

I was looking for some inspiration to get me crafting and found the sketch challenge at Just Add Ink.  I love the High Tide stamp set which I thought would work well with this sketch.

I punched one edge of Crushed Curry card using the Ticket Tear Border Punch (from the soon to be released annual catalogue) and trimmed one end on an angle.  The punched card is attached to Whisper White card and then scored and folded Island Indigo card.  I cut Whisper White card using the largest circle in the Layering Circle Framelits Dies and stamped the water image from the High Tide stamp set across the bottom using Island Indigo ink.  I stamped the sand image above the water using Crushed Curry ink.  I sponged the top part of the circle using Soft Sky ink.  The water birds are stamped using Soft Suede ink and the birds in the sky are stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I cut Island Indigo card using the largest scalloped circle from the Layering Circle Framelits Dies and attached the stamped circle before attaching to the left hand side of the card front.  I stamped the greeting from the High Tide stamp set onto Whisper White card using Soft Suede ink and punched it out using the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch.  The greeting is attached to a Soft Suede 2″ circle and then the card front using dimensionals.

To decorate the inside of the card, I stamped the sand image using Crushed Curry ink and added the grass stamped in Always Artichoke.

I am pretty happy with this one, I always take a little while to get motivated if I have been out of the craft room for a couple of days, so it’s nice to create something I like.  Does that happen to you?  You go away to relax and while you’re away you miss crafting, then you get home and suddenly no mojo.  Thank heavens for sketch challenges and Pinterest!

Product Used:

1. May 22, 2017 2:25 pm

Your water scene is so pretty Kristine, and I love that you’ve taken the different colours in it to highlight your circles and for your banner too. So lovely! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

May 22, 2017 2:29 pm

Thank you Jan, I’m glad you liked it. I loved the sketch for this challenge.

2. May 23, 2017 10:11 pm

What a lovely scene you created Kris the perspective and depth in it is wonderful. Love the little details like the scalloped and ticket edging. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

May 24, 2017 6:51 am

Thank you Kim for your lovely comments. Loved playing along with this sketch.

3. May 24, 2017 4:29 pm

Gorgeous Kris. Love everything you have done to create this lovey card

May 25, 2017 7:47 am

Thanks so much Vicky.

May 25, 2017 8:03 pm

Thanks Vicky, I just love this stamp set. So many possibilities.

4. chantell16 permalink
    May 25, 2017 1:34 am

Lovely beachy scene. I really like the way you have decorated inside your card too. Chantell Just Add Ink

May 25, 2017 7:47 am

Thank you Chantelle. Loved playing along.

5. May 25, 2017 10:02 am

I definitely know what you mean about losing your mojo if you haven’t crafted in a while! Your card is fabulous, and I especially love that you’ve also stamped the inside of your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

May 25, 2017 3:28 pm

Thanks Tina, I think we all have the loss of mojo thing every now and again. Thanks for your lovely comment.