A new background

June 15, 2017

I was impressed when I looked through this year’s catalogue and saw all the gorgeous background stamps that are available.  I was particularly excited about the Marbled Background.  I love the shaving cream technique but it becomes a little messy in a class situation, so I am impressed that my class participants can create this style of background without all the mess.  I was inspired by the sketch challenge at Case this Sketch to create my card today.  I used Berry Burst ink on the Marbled Background and stamped onto Whisper White card.  I think it looks amazing, how about you?  I cut the panel and attached it to Whisper White card and then to scored and folded Berry Burst card.  I cut Whisper White card using one of the Layering Square Framelits Dies and then stamped several of the images from the Daisy Delight stamp set using Lemon Lime Twist, Tranquil Tide, Powder Pink and Berry Burst ink.  I love the bush garden feel of these images when you use them all together.  I attached the stamped card to Berry Burst card cut with one of the scalloped squares from the Layering Square Framelit Dies and then the card front using dimensionals.

To decorate the inside I stamped the same images using the same inks onto the lower left hand corner of Whisper White card.

I really love the finished look of this card, especially the background.  This card is destined for a very special lady who is celebrating her birthday soon.

Product Used:

1. mary permalink
    June 15, 2017 11:23 am

Hi Kris, what a beautiful card! I have used my budget for this time but would love to pick up the marbled background, in due course.

Regards

Mary

June 15, 2017 1:17 pm

Hi Mary, thanks for your lovely comment. I wasn’t going to get this background but I am so glad I did.

2. June 15, 2017 10:30 pm

Beautiful take on the sketch!

June 16, 2017 6:22 am

Thanks Leigh. It was a great sketch challenge to play along with.

3. June 20, 2017 8:35 am

Love, love, love Kris. You have sold me on this stamp (it was on my list) but wasn’t too sure

June 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Thanks Vicky. I love this background.