Just Add ink Challenge

July 29, 2017

This week Just Add Ink has a sketch challenge and I decided to play along.   I embossed Whisper White card using the Woodland Embossing Folder which I attached to scored and folded Flirty Flamingo card.  I cut Emerald Green card twice using the leaf die from the Flourish Thinlits Dies.  The leaves are attached to the card front using Tombow Multipurpose Glue.  I cut Whisper White card using one of the circle dies in the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies and attached it to a Flirty Flamingo scalloped circle cut using the Layering Circle Framelits Dies.  The circle is attached to the card front over the ends of the leaves using dimensionalsI cut the large flower from Flirty Flamingo card and the small flower from Powder Pink card using the Flourish Thinlit Dies.  The small flower is attached to the large flower with Tombow Multipurpose Glue but only in the very centre of the flowers.  The flowers are attached to the centre of the Whisper White circle, again only using the glue in the very centre of the flower.  I wanted to be able to “fluff up” the petals on each of the flowers.  I stamped “Just for you” from the Watercolour Wings stamp set onto Whisper White card using Flirty Flamingo ink.  I punched one end using the Triple Banner Punch and lightly sponged Flirty Flamingo ink around the edges.  The greeting is attached to the card front using dimensionals under the right hand edge.  I added a Metal Rimmed Pearl to the centre of the flowers.

To decorate the inside, I cut the small flower stem from Flirty Flamingo card and attached to the lower left hand corner of Whisper White card.

I haven’t used these dies in ages, so it was fun to get them out and dust them off for this challenge.  What do you think?  Should I use these dies more often?

Product Used:

1. July 30, 2017 8:28 am

What a pretty card Kris. I can honestly say I have completely forgotten about Powder Pink

July 30, 2017 8:55 am

Thanks Vicky. Funny what comes to mind when you are creating. Powder Pink is not one of my go to colours either.

2. Nikki Spencer permalink
    July 31, 2017 5:08 pm

Lovely use of the sketch Kris, the layers and texture work beautifully together. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

August 1, 2017 2:14 pm

Thanks Nikki, loved playing along. Great sketch.

3. August 2, 2017 1:59 pm

Your card fits the sketch really well Kris and I love your colour combination! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week! Jo

4. pme203 permalink
    August 2, 2017 7:10 pm

At first glance I thought you’d created a Christmas card, Kris. All that gorgeous texture…that floral centrepiece looks fabulous with the dimension you’ve given it, I too like to ‘fluff up’ whenever I can. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x