For my Granddaughters

December 14, 2017

I had a lot of fun making these Christmas cards for my  granddaughters.  I found a link to a You Tube video by Georgai Giguere  to create a night background.   I had to improvise with the colours as the video used Blackberry Bliss a long retired Stampin’ Up! colour for which I substitued Berry Burst.  I started by creating my card base from Thick A4 Whisper White card.  I cut my layers from Whisper White card and stamped across them using the single tree from the Lovely as a Tree stamp set and Stazon Jet Black ink.  I created a mask for the largest panel by punching post-it-notes using the 1-3/4″ Circle punch.  I sponged across the card firstly using Smoky Slate, then Berry Bliss across the majority of the card with a little Old Olive across the bottom of the card and lastly Night of Navy over the whole of the card and then sponged around the edges to give the depth.  I removed the post-it-note mask and stamped the greeting from the Merry Patterns stamp set (no longer available) using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.   I created a little starry look to the sky by adding small drops of Fine Tip Glue to the sky and then sprinkled over Dazzling Diamonds.  I had to leave it dry for a while before I could attach the sponged pieces to the card base – I love how the background turned out.  After I attached all the background pieces and the small z-fold panel across the bottom of the card, I cut the solid sleigh from Silver Foil using the Santa’s Sleigh Thinlits Dies.  The detailed image and the reindeer are cut from Dazzling Details Glimmer Paper.  This is so pretty, so thank you Georgai Giguere for the fabulous video.

I just know my granddaughters are going to love these cards.

Product Used:

1. December 14, 2017 2:08 pm

Beautiful!!! I’m sure your granddaughters will love them!! ~Sophia

December 15, 2017 5:49 pm

Thank you so much Sophia.

2. mary permalink
    December 17, 2017 9:22 pm

Absolutely beautiful card Kris, just love the background. Do you have measurements for the card? I can’t seem to figure the folds.

Take care

Regards

Mary

December 18, 2017 5:08 am

Hi Mary, glad you liked the cards. I was really happy with the background and not hard to do just got a little inky. The cards are 21cm x 14.8cm. I scored along the 21cm length at a point in the middle of 7.2 and 7.3cm and then again at 10.5cm. The panel across the middle is cut at 21cm x 4.5cm (but it can be any width you like) and scored in the same manner. Happy creating.

3. December 18, 2017 8:26 am

Stunning Kris. The backgrounds are beautiful. The girls will adore these.

December 18, 2017 10:05 am

Thanks Vicky. It was a great background to create. Lots of inky fingers!