Freshly Made #318

December 29, 2017

Today I am sharing a card I created using the sketch challenge at Freshly Made this week.  I have used mostly current product with a peak at something new.   I embossed Whisper White card using the soon to be released Simple Stripes Embossing Folder.  This is a 6″ x 6″ folder, so it is very versatile.  The embossed card is wrapped with Emerald Envy  5/8″ Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon and attached to scored and folded Sweet Sugarplum card.  I stamped the three stem image from the Tranquil Tulips Hostess stamp set onto Whisper White card using Emerald Envy ink.  I added a few leaves around the base also using Emerald Envy ink using one of the leaves from the same stamp set.  I stamped two small and one large flower onto Whisper White card using Sweet Sugarplum ink.  These flowers are two-step but stamped in the same colour.  I love how much shading you get on these flowers with so little effort.   I stamped the flower stamens using Early Espresso ink before cutting out the flowers and attaching them to the top of the flower stems.  The Whisper White card is attached to Sweet Sugarplum card and then the card front using dimensionals.

To decorate the inside I stamped the same three stem image from the Tranquil Tulips stamp set onto the lower left hand corner of Whisper White card using Emerald Envy ink.  I added a few leaves around the base of the stems also using Emerald Envy ink.  I stamped the flower (also a two step stamp) onto the flower stems using Sweet Sugarplum ink.   I decided not to add a greeting to this card because I think it could be used for a few different occasions.

I find that I always love the sketches from Freshly Made, so thanks for another great challenge.  What about you?  Do you love participating in sketch challenges?  What’s your favourite.

Product Used:

1. December 29, 2017 1:15 pm

Love this! The tulips are gorgeous and I love the striped background! Glad you joined us at FMS!

December 29, 2017 3:57 pm

Thanks Linda, love playing along with your challenges.

2. mary permalink
    December 29, 2017 9:07 pm

Hello Kris, Happy New Year to you.

This card is exquisite, I just love the tulips and the colour combination

Take care

Mary

December 30, 2017 7:03 am

Happy New Year, Mary, to you and your family. Glad you like this card. I love the clean, simple lines and the new folder is lovely. See you soon.

3. December 31, 2017 7:50 am

Stunning Kris. I can see me liking this new Embossing Folder

December 31, 2017 2:50 pm

Thanks Vicky. You will love it for sure.

4. January 4, 2018 2:40 pm

Beauitful card! The tulips are gorgeous and the colors you’ve used work so well together. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.