Try Stampin’ on a Tuesday 395

February 18, 2019

Today’s card is created using the current sketch challenge at Try Stampin’ on a Tuesday.    I began by stamping the palm tree trunks from the Beach Happy stamp set onto Shimmery White card using Soft Suede ink.  I stamped the palm leaves from the same stamp set using Old Olive ink.  The sand image from the High Tide stamp set is stamped using Crumb Cake ink.  The sea image, also from the High Tide stamp set, is stamped using Bermuda Bay ink.  I stamped the chair and umbrella image from the Beach Happy stamp set onto scrap Shimmery White card using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I stamped the chair fill image using Mango Melody ink and the umbrella fill image using Poppy Parade ink.  I cut out the image and attached it to the stamped panel using dimensionals.  I wrapped Very Vanilla card twice using the 3/16″ Braided Linen Trim and attached it to scored and folded Crumb Cake card.  I attached the stamped panel over the top of the 3/16 “Braided Linen Trim using dimensionals.  I tied a bow onto the left hand side of the card using the same 3/16″ Braided Linen Trim and frayed out the ends.

To decorate the inside of the card, I stamped the palm tree from the Beach Happy stamp set using Soft Suede and Old Olive inks.  I added the greeting from the Beach Happy stamp set using Soft Suede ink.

Simple really but I like the way it turned out.  I’d love to hear what you think.

1. February 18, 2019 7:09 am

Kris, your card makes me yearn for summer, even though it’s months away!!! Love the detail. I had never thought about using the sand stamp from “High Tide” with other stamp sets! You’ve inspired me!!! Thank you for sharing your creativity, and tips with us at Try Stampin’ on Tuesday!!! -Donna

February 18, 2019 7:32 am

Thank you so much Donna for your kind words.

2. Mary McSherry permalink
    February 18, 2019 3:02 pm

Just love this card. So fresh , especially for our summer. It looks so natural and inviting.

February 19, 2019 6:24 am

Thank you Mary. I’m glad you like it.

3. Heather Heroldt permalink
    February 19, 2019 1:27 am

So fun – I leave for the beach in two weeks, and I think you have set just the scene I am planning, lol. Fun colors and movement! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

February 19, 2019 6:25 am

Thank you for your lovely comment. Hope you have a wonderful time at the beach.

4. Fiona Whitehead permalink
    February 20, 2019 3:39 am

This card makes me just want to sit in that chair with a glass of something cool, a good book and relax the day away. A great take on our sketch – thanks for joining us at TSOT this week.

February 20, 2019 6:31 am

Thank you Fiona for your lovely comments. I’m glad my card makes you feel relaxed.

5. February 21, 2019 3:24 am

love the beach scene. id like to be there for sure. thanks for joining us at TSOT!

6. Linda permalink
    March 13, 2019 5:27 am

I wish all summers could look like your card. I’m about to play with the beach set. Thanks for some tranquillity.

March 13, 2019 7:02 am

Thanks Linda. Have some fun.