Try Stamping on Tuesday Sketch Challenge 400

March 25, 2019

Today’s card has been created using the sketch challenge at Try Stamping on Tuesday as inspiration.  I embossed Whisper White card using the Country Floral Dynamic Embossing Folder and attached it to scored and folded Basic Black card.   I took one of the card front pieces of Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper which I already had chopped and trimmed off two pieces of the front of the card.  I rounded the corners of the pieces using the Envelope Punch Board.  I attached the designer series paper to the embossed card using both sides of the paper.   I stamped the greeting from the Beauty Abounds stamp set onto Whisper White card using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I also stamped one of the butterflies from the same stamp set using the same ink.  To colour the butterfly, I stamped the small dotted bokeh image from the Beauty Abounds stamp set over the butterfly using Lemon Lime Twist ink. I rounded the corners of the Whisper White card using the Envelope Punch Board and attached it to Basic Black card which also has the corners rounded. The image panel is attached to the card front using dimensionals.

To decorate the inside of the card, I trimmed the piece of Designer Series paper left after cutting the pieces for the front.  I attached a strip of Basic Black card behind one long edge of the Designer Series Paper before attaching to the bottom of Whisper White card.

So to make it clear, I cut a piece of Designer Series paper 14.4cm x 10cm along the 14.4cm length at 5.5cm, 10cm and 13.5cm.  I rounded the corners of the 5.5cm x 10cm piece of Designer Series Paper and this is the Black and White Butterfly piece on the card front. The 4.5cm x 10cm piece I trimmed to 4.5cm x 8.5cm and then rounded the corners.  This is the Lemon Lime Twist piece of Designer Series Paper on the card front.  The 3cm x 10cm piece was used on the inside of the card.  There was a narrow strip of about 1.4cm which was wasted from the Designer Series paper piece.  I truly love being able to grab a piece of Designer Series Paper which is cut to card front size and then play with it to suit the needs of my creation.

Edited to Add:  Just found out this card was picked as one of the top 3 entries for this challenge at Try Stamping on Tuesday.  I am feeling very honoured.

Product Used:

1. Mary McSherry permalink
    March 25, 2019 7:52 pm

Sketch 400 Kris is just beautiful. Love the lemon lime twist with the black and white
    Mary

March 26, 2019 6:08 am

Thanks Mary, glad you liked it.

2. Fiona Whitehead permalink
    March 26, 2019 4:53 am

A very elegant card – I love that extra butterfly stamped with the words and a great use of our sketch – thanks for joining us at TSOT this week.

March 26, 2019 6:08 am

Thank you so much Fiona. It was a great sketch to play along with.

3. Heather Heroldt permalink
    March 26, 2019 5:27 am

Such a pretty take on our sketch – I love featuring both sides of a DSP on one card, too! I also love that you used the bokeh to color your butterfly – I’m totally trying that! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

March 26, 2019 6:09 am

Thanks Heather for your lovely comment. I love playing along with the sketches at TSOT whenever I can.

4. March 26, 2019 11:02 am

love the paper and the embossing folder in the background. very lovely. thanks for sharing with us at TSOT!

5. March 27, 2019 5:05 am

Kris, what a beautiful card!!! Love the texture from the embossing folder, and gorgeous papers.you selected! Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Try Stampin’ on Tuesday!!! -Donna

March 27, 2019 6:39 am

Thanks Donna. I had fun creating this card using the TSOT sketch.

6. April 4, 2019 3:36 am

Congratulations for your card being picked as one of the “Top 3” at Try Stampin’ on Tuesay, Kris!!! -Donna

April 4, 2019 6:41 am

Thanks Donna for the honour. Love playing along with your sketches when I have the chance.