Urban Get Well

February 8, 2010

I really must have nothing else to do.  This is my second post today – but as I said it has been raining a lot.  This card combines two challenges, the sketch from Just Add Ink and the colour combo from The Colour Dare weekly challenge.

The sketch was really lovely to work with and I love the colours, Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point and Kiwi Kiss.  I started with a base card 4 1/4″ square using Basic Gray card.  I added a piece of Urban Garden DSP in Pacific Point and also added a piece of Baja Breeze card.  I stamped “Get Well Soon” from the Sincere Salutations stampset using Basic Gray ink.   The 1/2 circle was cut using my fabulous Circle Scissors (love them).  I stamped the branch image from Thoughts and Prayers using Kiwi Kiss ink onto Very Vanilla card.  I punched the flowers from Baja Breeze card using the Trio Flower Punch.  I layered the flowers over the flower image on the stamp and then added vanilla  mini 1/2 pearls from the Pretties Kit.  A couple are popped up with dimensionals as well.  I wrapped the Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon and tied a knot before layering onto the Basic Gray card.

I am having so much fun playing along with these challenges.  It has made me push myself to come up with my own original designs, something I need to work on a lot more.  Why don’t you give it a try.  It’s amazing how many different ways there are to use the same sketch and colours.

If there is anything I can help you with or you would like to purchase anything that I have shown you, please do not hesitate to contact me, k.mcintosh1@optusnet.com.au.

I will try and come back later with some 6 x 6″ scrap pages I have done recently.

1. February 8, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi Kris. This is gorgeous! I love how you’ve placed the branch inside the circle, it’s balanced so beautifully. The half pearls are an elegant touch too. Thanks for playing!

2. February 8, 2010 4:59 pm

Very Pretty!! Love the colours and your finishing touches.

3. February 8, 2010 7:37 pm

This is SO lovely. I adore the tiny flowers!

4. February 8, 2010 8:26 pm

The stamp, along with the punched flowers, look great within the semi-circle. Love your combination of colours that you chose. Thanks for joining in the sketch challenge at JAI.

5. February 9, 2010 12:59 am

Kris, thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us, and for playing along in the Color Dare challenge. Look forward to you joining us again next week.

6. February 9, 2010 9:06 am

Super cute! I love that image… one of my favs!Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Dare!
    ~Hugs~
    Patti

7. February 9, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi Kris, your card really caught my eye – such a pretty and elegant colour combination. Everything looks awesome together, awesome job. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

8. February 9, 2010 6:23 pm

Absolutely gorgeous Kris!

9. chantell16 permalink
    February 9, 2010 11:07 pm

Very pretty. Love the pearls and flowers. Chantell

10. February 10, 2010 7:51 am

Absolutely GORGEOUS. I love the little flowers with the pearls in the middle…soooo sweet. So glad you played along at the Color Dare. Hope you’ll join us again tomorrow!
    Lori
    CD DT

11. February 10, 2010 8:58 pm

i love your colour choices. a beautiful serene card:)