Sunny Challenge 57

September 9, 2012

This week the challenge at Sunny Challenges and Creations has been set by me.  A simple sketch and the addition of Black and White.  Easy, right?  Well sometimes even your own challenge can be a little daunting and I did have to think about this one quite a bit.

I scored and folded Whisper White card and then embossed the front right hand corner using the Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder.  I embossed a piece of Basic Black card using the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, wrapped it with Whisper White 3/8″ Tafetta Ribbon and attached it to the card front.  I stamped the image from the Apothecary Art stampset using Jet Black Stazon ink and cut it using the matching Framelit from the Labels Collection.  I stamped the greeting from the Loving Thoughts stampset using my stamp-a-ma-jig and Jet Black Stazon ink.  The image panel is attached to the card front using dimensionals.

This is a very simple card to make but I think it looks great.  I’d love to hear what you think.  I have had a couple of emails stating that people have been unable to leave a comment.  Please if you are having trouble, let me know and I will try and sort it out.

Now for some more inspiration take a visit with Vicky, Gwen and Christine, then once you have created your card, scrap page or 3d item, pop over to Sunny Challenges and Creations and add it to Mr. Linky.  I am looking forward, as always, to see your beautiful creations.

1. Cheryl M. permalink
    September 9, 2012 7:00 am

BEAUTIFUL CARD, Kris!!!

2. September 9, 2012 7:39 am

You’re such a good stamper! That’s beautiful and elegant!

3. September 9, 2012 8:27 am

B & W is always elegant and grand, and this card is no exception Kris. I really like it. The framed image is a beautiful focal point. Well done.

4. September 9, 2012 9:54 am

This is so elegant it is really nice lol what you have done with this stamp set

5. September 9, 2012 11:29 am

This looks gorgeous Kris. I just love this stamp set and the framelits that go with it. You have made a very elegant card

6. Brenda Tapp permalink
    September 9, 2012 1:13 pm

what a lovely post – tfs!

BRENDA TAPP, Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator “Friends Don’t Let Friends Stamp Alone.” btapp@msn.com / 919.929.1412 / Chapel Hill, NC http://www.tappstampers.stampinup.net

7. September 9, 2012 2:03 pm

A beautiful black and white card Kris. Great sketch too.

8. September 9, 2012 2:35 pm

Wow, Kris, this is BEAUTIFUL! What an elegant wedding or engagement card this would make. I love how you’ve used black and white together – perfect balance (not easy, with just the two tones, I think!).

9. September 10, 2012 12:23 pm