Happy Birthday Mum and Dad

January 2, 2013

My Mum and Dad both celebrate their birthdays today, although they don’t share the same birth year.  It’s always a struggle to have something ready to give to them when it is so close to Christmas.

039This year I made my Dad a very simple card which I cased from Pinterest.  You can see the card here.  I can’t quite make out the name of the original artist but thanks so much for the inspiration.  My Dad loves golf so this was a great choice for him.  I started by scoring Whisper White card on three sides at 1/2″, 5/8″ and 3/4″ and attached it to scored and folded Pacific Point card.  I punched some of the spotted Gumball Green paper from the Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper using the Large Oval Punch and attached it to Whisper White card.  I punched a 1/4″ circle from Whisper White card and added it to the punched oval.  I cut a narrow strip of Early Expresso card to make my pole and attached a striped Pacific Point paper from the Brights Colour Collection Designer Series Paper Stacks which I punched using the Petite Pennants Builder punch040This piece is then attached to Pacific Point card and then the card front inside the score lines.  I stamped the greeting from Bring on the Cake using Pacific Point ink.  Really simple but I love how it turned out.

036Mum’s card is also inspired by a card on Pinterest.  You can see the inspiration card here .  You can see the original card here at Splitcoast Stampers .  I started by cutting one long edge of Whisper White card using the Large Scallop Edgelit and then embossing the same card using the Delicate Designs Embossing Folder which matched the Edgelit.  I attached this piece to scored and folded Rose Red card.    I stamped the greeting from the Bring on the Cake stamp set onto the lower edge of Whisper White card using Rose Red ink.  I stamped the leaf image from the Field Flowers stamp set above the greeting using Certainly Celery ink.   I wrapped the image panel with Certainly Celery 3/8″ Tafetta Ribbon and tied a knot before attaching it to Rose Red card and then the card front. 038  I stamped the solid flower image onto scrap Whisper White card twice using Pretty in Pink ink and then stamped the outline image over the top using Rose Red ink.  I cut the flower out and attached them to the card front.    Again I am really happy with the finished card.

I’d love to hear what you think.

1. Lynda S permalink
    January 2, 2013 2:59 pm

Crackerjack job Kris on both cards. I love them!!!! My FIL is a MAD golfer, so I may have to storethis idea away for August. The set you ised for ur Mum’s card I haev had on my wishlist for a long time. Love the layout and the dry embossing. ooxx

2. January 2, 2013 4:34 pm

Great card for your dad and lovely card for your mum

3. January 2, 2013 5:34 pm

WOW, Kris, these are both awesome cards! I especially love the one for your mum, but that’s because I love girly cards. (That’s a great male card too. May have to CASE that one!!)

4. January 22, 2013 10:26 am

Love your cards Kris. Very different & yet suited to their likes. I love how you used the sae greeting for both of the cards

5. Shirley A Cassel permalink
    June 4, 2017 8:10 am

I absolutely love the card for your mom and would love to make it but I don’t have any edge embossing folders with scalloped dies that fit together. Where do you get them?
    Thanks

June 4, 2017 2:37 pm

Thank you so much for your lovely comment Shirley. I used the Delicate Designs Embossing Folder and the matching Large Scallop Edgelit are both long retired. You might be able to find them at online sales sites. Good Luck.