Another New Colour

July 2, 2014

032Well I hope everyone has had a great time looking through the new Stampin’ Up! catalogue.  Mine is pretty well thumbed already  and even though I have placed my first order, my wish list is still long.

I used the sketch from the current challenge at Create with Connie and Mary to create this card and to showcase another new in-colour.

I embossed Sahara Sand card using the Arrow Embossing Folder and attached it to scored and folded Lost Lagoon card.  I attached a piece of designer series paper from the Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack to Lost Lagoon card which has one long edge punched using the Scallop Border Punch before attaching it to the card front.  I cut a banner from Blackberry Bliss card and attached it to the centre of the designer series paper.  033I stamped the shell image from the By the Tide stamp set onto Whisper White card using Blackberry Bliss ink and cut it out using the smallest Oval Framelit Die.  I attached it to an oval cut from Sahara Sand card using one size larger Oval Framelit Die.  The ovals are attached to each other and then the card front using dimensionals.034

Inside the card I stamped the shell image using Blackberry Bliss ink, masked it and then stamped the seaweed image over the top using Lost Lagoon ink.  Another strip of the designer series paper is attached to Lost Lagoon card with one long edge punched using the Scallop Border Punch before being attached to the stamped card.

I really love the way the Blackberry Bliss colour pops on this card, what about you?  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Product Used:

1. July 2, 2014 8:22 am

Love this Kris, stamp set and the new In colours!

2. Melissa Davies permalink
    July 2, 2014 1:03 pm

The designer paper looks like water – a great Summer by the Sea card! Thanks for joining us in the Sketch Challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

3. July 3, 2014 4:02 am

Beautiful! The Moonlight DSP is just perfect with the seashells! Thanks so much for joining us for the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

4. July 3, 2014 7:29 am

ooooooo…..LOVE using the new purple for the seashell…GORGEOUS! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

5. July 3, 2014 7:30 am

Very pretty done up with these colors! Gives By the Tide a fresh new look! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

6. July 3, 2014 1:34 pm

This card is cleverly put together! I love the way the dsp looks like waves! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

7. July 7, 2014 3:14 pm