My Convention Swap
I’m heading off to the Stampin’ Up! Convention on the Gold Coast today (yay) with my good friends Gwen, Jenny and Shirley. This Convention will be the last of its kind held in Australia and I am sure it will be amazing. From now on Conventions will be held every April and November and anyone from anywhere can attend. Not sure if I will ever attend an overseas Convention but you never know.
Anyway its a kind of tradition that Demonstrators make cards or 3d items to swap with other Demonstrators. The idea being that we will have lots of different cards to show our customers. I wanted to wait till the retired list came out to start making my swaps, but life has been pretty hectic and in the end I only got 15 swaps made. I like to keep the product current for the new catalogue if I can, so I was really pleased to see the Kinda Eclectic wasn’t on the Retiring List.
I started by masking the lower portion of my Very Vanilla card before I stamped the “starburst” image from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set using Daffodil Delight ink. I also stamped the leaf image from the same set twice without re-inking using Old Olive in before removing the mask. I stamped the greeting, also from the same stamp set onto the lower right hand corner using Old Olive ink. I stamped the “dotted” border image (same set) onto a strip of Very Vanilla card using Smoky Slate ink. I attached the border image to Smoky Slate card and then the card front, making sure to line up the top edge of the Smoky Slate card with the bottom edge of the stamped images. I attached the Very Vanilla panel to Smoky Slate card and then scored and folded Melon Mambo card. I stamped a leaf image onto scrap Very Vanilla card using Old Olive ink and cut it out. I attached it to the card front using dimensionals. I stamped the flower from Flower Shop using Melon Mambo ink and punched it out using the Pansy Punch. I stamped the small flower from the Petite Petals stamp set onto scrap Very Vanilla card using Melon Mambo and punched it out using the Petite Petals punch. I attached the small flower to the centre of the large flower using a dimensional. The large flower is also attached to the card front using dimensionals. Lastly I added a Basic Rhinestone to the centre of the flower.
I didn’t decorate the inside of the card as often swaps are only a card front. It will be a simple matter for whoever receives the swap to add some leaves and flowers to the inside of the card.
I can’t wait to see all the amazing swaps made by my fellow Demonstrators (and some guests) and I look forward to sharing them with you.
I will try and keep you updated with any news that we are allowed to share and of course, I can’t wait to see the new catalogue!
Bye for now,