A Christmas Tag

October 24, 2011

I decided to make a Christmas Tag using the sketch at Stamping 411 this week.

I had a Whisper White card stock tag lying on my desk and covered the top half with a piece of Old Olive Designer Paper from the Brights Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack.  I ran a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock through the Big Shot using the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder to add the embossing to the bottom edge of the card stock.  I also punched the top edge of the Cherry Cobbler cardstock using the Scallop Trim Border Punch I  ran a piece of Whisper White card stock through the Big Shot using the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, wrapped it with Cherry Cobbler 1/2″ Seam Binding (did I mention that this Seam Binding is devine) and then attached it to the tag over the Cherry Cobbler card stock.  I stamped the image from the Tags Til Christmas stampset onto Whisper White card stock using Cherry Cobbler ink and cut the image using the 1 3/4″ Circle Punch.  I attached the image to the tag over the Seam Binding using dimensionals.  I punched a hole in the top of the tag using the Crop-a-Dile and tied it with Cherry Cobbler 1/2″ Seam Binding.

If you like making tags then you need to have a look at the fabulous tags that CherylAnn Robinson has been sharing on her blog.  At the moment she is doing a 12 tags of Halloween and sharing lots of videos on her fantastic backgrounds.  She has inspired me to try my hand at making more tags and this sketch offered the perfect opportunity.

About these ads
  1. October 24, 2011 9:39 pm

What a wonderful idea for this sketch! I love what you did! Great color and composition! Thanks for playing with us over on stamping 411 this week.

2. October 26, 2011 9:52 am

Kris, you are genius! A tag works perfectly with this sketch. I really like the border at the bottom. It’s perfect!

3. October 26, 2011 2:21 pm

totally adorable. Love all the different textures.

4. October 26, 2011 11:05 pm

So pretty!! Love the colors!!

5. October 28, 2011 2:03 am

This is too cute!! I love tags!!

6. October 28, 2011 2:28 am

I am loving this tag! Too cute!