A Hostess Gift

October 23, 2012

I thought I would share with you the gift that I made for my Hostess last week (hello Sarah).  We had a fun time making a card and packaging a shortbread biscuit stamped using the new Cookie Press Holiday Stamps.  I love to give my Hostesses something that I think they will use, so I made a set of Christmas Cards using an idea that was shown by Connie Stewart (I just love her ideas, just check out her Flash Card series – amazing).

Anyway I used two sheets of designer paper from the Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper Stack (just the front and back of one sheet) in the Holiday mini and two sheets of Very Vanilla card.  I embossed one piece of Very Vanilla using the Stripes Embossing Folder and the other piece using the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder.  The idea being you cut each sheet exactly the same, swap them around and then mount them onto a co-ordinating neutral (Crumb Cake) and then onto a card front.  This way you get four different but the same card fronts.  I used the images from the Sentsational Season stampset to decorate the front of the cards.  Colours used are Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade and Early Expresso.

I had some small pieces of paper left over from the cards, so I used them to create a patched panel for the front of my bag.  I added 3 of the Christmas Trees from the Sentsational Season stamp set to the front as well.  The great thing about this stamp set is that it has matching Framelits (Holiday Collection), so no fussy cutting.  The bag is tied closed with a length of Cherry Cobbler  1/2″ Dotted Scallop Ribbon.

Of course I used the Silver Glimmer Paper to cut the stars for the Christmas Trees.  The mug has a Basic Rhinestone in the centre of the snowflake and I added a bow using Early Expresso 1/8″ Tafetta Ribbon to the Candy Canes.  I used 3 Mini Silver Brads to create the buttons on the Gingerbreadman and used small Basic Pearls as eyes.

Below you can find individual photos of each of the cards.

The Candy Canes.

The Christmas Tree.

The Gingerbreadman.

The Mug of Chocolate.

Well, what do you think?

1. October 23, 2012 8:58 am

Youre so talented! TFS! 😀 cathy Cathy Parlitsis Stampin Up! Demonstrator/Executive BLOG: http://www.StampsandScrapbooks.com Email: Cathy@StampsandScrapbooks.com YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/stampsandscrapbooks Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Stampsand Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/Cathyvp Scrapbooks Online Classes: http://www.StampAcademy.com NEW CATALOG EDITION of Project Parade is ON NOW at http://www.StampAcademy.com

On 10/22/12 5:07 PM, “Stamping with Kris” wrote:

> kreatinwithkris posted: “I thought I would share with you the gift that I made > for my Hostess last week (hello Sarah). We had a fun time making a card and > packaging a shortbread biscuit stamped using the new Cookie Press Holiday > Stamps. I love to give my Hostesses something t” >

2. October 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Lovely cards Kris, thank you for sharing your ideas.

3. October 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Kris…you have out done yourself (again) Love this idea and the card layout is magical…love the offset nature. Thanks for making it even harder for me to resist this set/die combo!!! (AAARRRGGGHHHH). Well done on co-ordinating all the dots on the card bag and the ribbon!!!

4. October 24, 2012 8:04 am

Gorgeous Kris. Sarha would have been more than happy to receive this lovely lovely gift.

5. October 24, 2012 8:06 am

Sorry Kris should be “Sarah”

6. October 25, 2012 6:06 am

I love these cards, Kris! Beautiful!!!

7. October 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Thank you so much Mum 🙂 It was a great morning… and I am especially greatful for the boost to my christmas card pile – less for me to do ! lol

8. November 2, 2012 10:41 am

I like your card so much, I’m making a bunch and posted one on my blog. Of course, I gave you credit and linked your blog. thank you for sharing this design.

Shawn

9. Daria permalink
    January 15, 2016 10:49 am

Wonderful layout. I love your backgorund; this is a great way to feature smaller stamps. TFS.

10. Kathryn Yeager permalink
    July 5, 2016 1:06 am

I love these cards and they appear to be quick ones. Could I have the dimensions of the cut pieces, please? Thanks!

Trackbacks